Sunday 22nd November – We will be open 11am-5pm
There are many reasons to come into town:
- 11am-6pm: Winter Food & Drink Fair, Leicester Market
- 2pm-5pm: Main stage programme at Humberstone Gate West presented by BBC Radio Leicester. Programme to include local acts with a variety of dance and musical performances.
- 4:25pm: Lights countdown by the Lord Mayor with Father Christmas, and the cast from the De Montfort Hall pantomime Snow White
- 2pm-5pm: A variety of entertainment in Town Hall Square; plus see this year’s magical displays of Wallace & Gromit and Wind in the Willows which will be running throughout the event
- 2pm-3:45pm: Cast members from the De Montfort Hall pantomime Snow White outside Visit Leicester. Take a selfie with the stars!
- 12pm-5pm: Reindeer viewing area with photo opportunities and see the city from the Wheel of Light (running throughout Christmas)
- 5pm-8pm: Have fun in the digital playground at Light the Night in the Cultural Quarter www.lightthenight.co.uk
Festive fun at Highcross Leicester this Winter
For one night only, on the 22nd November, to celebrate the start of the Christmas period and Leicester’s light switch on there will be the ‘Theatre of Light’, transforming St Peter’s Square through projection, colour and light. Taking place from 4pm-10pm, the show will be a contemporary sensory experience with live projection, a DJ, and street theatre for the added wow factor.
All three Park and Rides sites will be operating this Sunday from 11.30 am to 7 pm and the Town Hall Bike Park will be open 10 am to 8 pm and is free on Sunday. A useful journey planner:www.choosehowyoumove.co.uk